College Emblem

The emblem of the College dates back to the French Foreign Missionary Fathers who started this Institution of higher learning in the year 1882. It is made of two scrolls, one scroll is placed above the crown, on which the motto of the Institution is inscribed in Latin – ``Fide et Labore’’ and the other scroll is placed beneath the palm leaves which bear the name of the Institution. The shield bears a Cross in the centre which is symbolic of Christian Faith and there are two bees on either side of the lower part of the Cross representing hard work. The crown which is placed above the shield is a heraldic symbol of supremacy and glory. The compartment beneath the shield consists of palm leaves that are a sign of victory.

The motto of the College is ``Fide et Labore’’ which means 'By Faith and Toil'. Faith among other things gives us a deep commitment to God, to our fellow human beings and to intellectual pursuits. Toil is a necessary prerequisite for any success.